Thursday, May 20, 2010

GOT MILK?


Ever Since Henrie was 2 weeks old, he's had really dry skin. I put large amounts of lotion on his body ALL. the. Time. But, nothing was helping him. Then, he showed signs of really being bothered by it. He would scratch his head and get cuts all over his face from the scratching. Then large red spots started apearing all over his chest. I was sick of it. He needed something stronger than lotion. So I took him into the Dr. on Tuesday and she went over everything fragrance free soap and lotion, Dreft for laundry soap, etc. and then she mentioned he could be allergic to dairy. And for 2 weeks to take dairy out of my diet, to see if there is any improvement. 2 WEEKS!!! Are you serious? I love dairy it is my favorite food group! But, as all mothers, I am willing to do anything to ease the pain of my son.
It has been 2 days now. No Dairy. NONE. And Henrie's skin looks a THOUSAND times better! No more reddness all over his tummy, no more irritation. Oh no. Can I really do this for 8 more months? Sheesh. I thought that no chocolate and no carbination was bad. umm. no. Life without Dairy is so much worse! :0)

4 comments:

Jenny Sue Gamboa said...

I feel your pain. Noah and I also just went on a no dairy diet a few days ago (he has chronic ear infections, sensitive lungs, and is always always sick...and I just can't seem to, well poop ;)..I know more info than you needed. And I figured, if I had to do it for Noah I could try it for me too!) We also went off sugar so that's a double whammy. I have a FABULOUS no dairy, all wheat homemade bread recipe that is super super easy and yummy if you want it.

Linsey said...

I'm sorry to hear that. I was off dairy the whole year I nursed Avie Jo. She just didn't react well to it at all. We found out recently that she has a milk allergy. Hang in there. It is a huge sacrifice, but it does make a difference if they are uncomfortable. Good luck!

Jason, Elisa, Connor and Megan said...

That does sound hard to do! You are a great mom!

The PG Pixtons said...

Poor Henrie! Poor You! You should see how he feels about Cherry Lime-Aid Chillers at Sonic. It's dairy in disguise as pure yumminess :)