Thursday, May 20, 2010

Ogden Half Marathon


TThis is the only pic I have of me running, and my shirt looks funny because I shoved my ear phones down my shirt to not bother me while running. Please. Laugh. Now.




Last Saturday I ran the Ogden Half Marathon. It was my first EVER! It was so much fun, and I really want to do another one. I ran the. ENTIRE. WAY. It was such a beutiful run down Ogden Canyon. I found a pace buddy. At about mile 2 there was a older guy who was running about the same pace I was and we ran together until about mile 10, and then I lost him. I'm not sure why but it was a great motivator to have someone next to me running the same pace I was. I was so grateful for him to push me to keep going. We both had our ipods on, and barely ever talked, but ever now again he would give me a thumbs up, and say how awesome we were doing. This whole experience was so great for me. I was so nervous, but my nervousness helped me to GET. IT. DONE. I love the training, but race day was so fun and exciting. There were signs EVERYWHERE saying things like, "Runners are HOT!" or when there was a big hill, there was a sign that said, "What hill? Holla!" and mile after mile there were signs saying to keep going, and people clapping and cheering you on. As I was running this got me to thinking about positive thinking and positive atmosphere. I know that in life our Heavenly Father is the one holding up the signs clapping and cheering us on telling us to Keep Going, even when things get hard. And it is the adversary who is the one telling us to quit and give up. Can you imagine if you were running a race and people were throwing water at you, or shouting unkind things, telling you that you couldn't do it. It would have deffinitely made the race difficult to finish. I pray we can recognize the Adversary and DISMISS him, so that we are continually surrounded by the positive atmosphere of the Lord!

2 comments:

Linsey said...

Congrats! That is a great accomplishment!

Bailey Family said...

way to go! that is awesome linds! That is such an accomplishment! You should be very proud of yourself!