Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Blogging Craze!

We have several friends and family who have blogs. As I read these cute blogs I felt like a very terrible wife and mother for our family because we didn't have one. So, I decided that I should start a blog for our cute little family. So here is our first blog....YAY!

Last night was one of the stangest nights I have encountered in quite a while. (let me first give you a little back round)... A few days ago Kip wanted to watch the Jazz game so I thought this was the perfect opportunity to go to the gym and work out ( I LOVE to work out), so I worked out and saw a little tanning place next door and thought my skin was looking a little pale. I dropped in and said that I hadn't been tanning in almost 2 years and we live in Utah so my skin hasn't seen much of the light of day! So I explained that I would go in for 15 minutes. I did and didn't think any more of it. Well needless to say I got BURNT! Well when I got home Kip had wondered why my work out took so long and I explained that I went tanning, and man he did not let me live it down. He said that I didn't need to tan that I was tan enough, (HA). Well that night I couldn't sleep because my back, chest, and everything was SO badly burnt! But, I didn't say a word to Kip because I thought he would make fun of me! So Anyway the next day I couldn't contain myself and I told Kip that I was BURNT! (So there is the backround of last night, anyone who knows me, knows that I do not know the deffinition of reader's digest version)

So last night Kip helped me put aloe all over my burns and the whole night I was tossing and turning. Kip occasionaly woke up too and had a lot of empathy for me. Well he got up to turn the heat up because he was cold, (hello I have 2nd degree burns all over my body, I'm hot!) Anyway...then Gracelyn started to cry, so Kip calmed her and climbed back into bed. THEN, the smoke detector made the beep noise about every 10 seconds, saying the battery is dead. Well, my cute husband gets up (knowing I am in great pain for my own stupidity) and tapes a dish cloth over the smoke detector to make it so we can't hear the noise anymore. I thought it was ironic because if there were smoke in our house that night we wouldn't have known because ours was covered up by a dish cloth! HA! It's great! It was just until morning until we could change the battery. Just goes to show you, nobody is thinking right late at night!

No comments: