Today I began the most dreaded quest of a parent....Potty Training.... Let me first say that I read all the information over the internet that I could get my hands on prior to approaching this daunting task. The past few days I have been telling Gracie that she gets to wear her "Princess Panties" and go potty on the "Big Girl Potty". She has seemed very excited and willing. She has never minded going pee pee on the potty every night before her bath, so I thought that this would be a smooth transition, WRONGO! When she woke up this morning I got her dressed and put on her "princess panties" and told her to keep her princesses clean and dry. I got Gracie's baby doll out, and said, "Show me how Janessa goes pee ppe on the big girl potty..." Then Gracie followed the exact steps and then Janessa went potty. We through Janessa a party and gave her a treat. (I read to do this on Dr. Phil's website) I then set the kitchen timer for 20 minutes, to remind her and I to go potty evcry 20 minutes. Before the first timer went off I heard, "Uh-Oh, mommy, wet!" I was very positive, and told her, "Oops you had an accident, let's go sit on the potty." I also read on Dr. Phil's website that when they have an accident you practice going to the potty 9 times. So we did that. (P.S. 9 times is A LOT, just in case you didn't know), so that was Accident #1, then she stayed dry for about 2-2 1/2 hrs and had another pee pee accident, so I cleaned up everything and then proceeded to "practice" going to the potty 9 TIMES! Grrr..... (can you sense the frustration, yet?) However, to Gracie, I was positive and kind and never got mad or upset. Mind you, all of this while she is NOT going at ALL on the potty, and we are sitting on the potty every 20 minutes, not including the 9 times when she has a accident. Then it was lunch time and i fed Gracie lunch and she stayed dry during lunch a about an hour after, and I was going laundry with her right by my side and I smelled poop. "Oh, yuck," I thought. Accident #3. Back to practicing going potty 9 times, AGAIN! We did it. Then I was getting nervous for nap time, so I prolonged nap time until 2pm, she stayed dry during that time, and then I layed her down for her nap and she slept until 5 pm and woke up DRY. YAY a break-through, bladder control while sleeping. Then when she woke up I set her on the potty, but nothing. Then daddy came home and he asked her if she needed to go potty, and she said yes. He sat her on the potty, and nothing. 5 minutes later, Accident #4 happened. Back to the practicing going potty 9 times, well it only lasted 5 before she had a freak out. Then we went to our ward Christmas party and she stayed DRY the entire time until 9pm. Then we contimplated what to do for the night time, and just decided to slap a diaper on and continue the JOURNEY tomorrow. Wish us luck......Any advice? I am totally willing to take advice! More for an update later.....
Friday, December 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment