Thursday, October 2, 2008

Free Fun Feild Trips







It seems that every Wednesday my friend Karisa and I take the kiddos on a little field trip. It has been so much fun. I always look forward to it. Last Wednesday, we went to the Children's Discovery Park in Pleasant Grove. It was by far one of the coolest parks ever. It is a HUGE park! The playground is all made out of wood, and there are tons of sections within the playground that have "discovery" things. Things like little bells, tunnels, bridges, beehives that the kids can climb in and it is like a little hide out hut, slides, swings, a little air plane cock pit, etc. If it weren't so far away from us, I would take Gracelyn there every day. Karisa brought her nephew Max, and her son Landon, and I had Gracie, and my nephew Connor, so we deffinitely had our hands full keeping track of these little ones. But, one nice thing about the park is there is only one entrance and the rest is all fenced in, so that made our lives a lot easier. When we got there we fed the kiddos lunch on the grass, and then just let them play and "discover". Yay for Free Fun activities. :0) I am so grateful for such a wonderful friend like Karisa. She is so kind and she teaches me so much by her Christ-like example. If only we could always choose friends who lift us up and help us want to be better, just by their example.






So that was our activity last week... and on Wednesday this week, we met at the Trax station, and took the kids for a "choo choo" ride downtown. Just a little side note, did you know that trax is now $4.50/round trip? What a joke! I just have to tell myself that the money was more for the ride for the kids then the whole transportation thing. P.S. the kiddos LOVED the train ride, they thought it was so much fun. Every time we would be stopped at a station to pick up more passengers Gracie would say, "Go, Go, Go"! It was great. When we got downtown we fed the kids their lunches on Temple Square at the courtyard by the Joseph Smith Memorial Building, and then took them to the reflection pond. When we got to the relection pond Gracie stood pointing and staring up at the temple, almost to say, Whoah. We said to the kids, "Who's house is this?" and at first we got no answer, but after telling them that is was Jesus' house, we asked the question once more, and Gracie said, "Chee-sus". So- CUTE! I absolutely love 2yr old speech. It's great! We walked to the temple doors (you know where they usually take the pictures of the bride and groom). When we got to the top of the stairs the kids started knocking on the door, and Gracie said, "Chee-sus, not home." and Karisa said to Landon and Gracie, "Well I guess you will have to talk to him tonight in your prayers." And they both nodded their heads. Again, SO cute! Don't you just love the innosense on children? I do. After walking around the temple, we went to the I am a Child of God museum at the Church History Museum. For those of you who haven't been there, you NEED to take your kiddos there. It is such a neat little place for kids to play. When you walk in there are all kinds of babbies lined up, like a hospital nursery, and there are clothes you can change the babies into. There is a dress-up station where the kids can dress-up like they are in the Nativity Scene, An Iron Rod, Coloring stations to color your stain glass window like a temple, building blocks to create your own temple, I am sure that you get the idea, but what great FREE FUN! I am all about free fun. It is so great, and the kids had so much fun, they got a little cranky on the Trax ride home, but that is only because it was 1:30, WAY past their nap! Overall a great day, and we got some cute pictures to prove it!

2 comments:

Jason, Elisa, Connor and Megan said...

So fun! I agree I love free things that are fun too! Connor doesn't look very happy in that top picture - sorry! Thanks for all you do for us!

Tiffany said...

Hey cute blog! I just found it through Lindy's. You have such an adorable little girl. Hope you are all doing well!