Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Trip to 'Vegas!




Over Memorial Day week-end, we went to St. George for one of kip's family reunions. We left on Thursday night and were there until Memorial Day. We had so much fun while we were there! The first thing we did is went to In-n-Out Burger. It's about time that St. George got an In-n-Out, we were so excited. It was so yummy! :0) I'm glad that we don't have an In'N-Out in Salt Lake or else I would be one very large woman! It was so great to see everyone at the reunion. We did a lot of swimming, eating, and relaxing. On Monday, I had the very awesome luxioury of going boating with the Kanaras'. I was the first one to wakeboard, and it was so much fun! I haven't wakeboarded in years, and it took some time, but it all came back to me eventually. The water was really cold, but after a while you just kind of got used to it, except when I would fall, it would comepletely take my breath away. But, it seriously was a blast! It was so nice of my very sweet husband to watch Gracelyn while I went. I am such a lucky girl! Then on Tuesday, me, Gracelyn, and the in-laws went to Las Vegas for some fun. Kip had to go back to work so he didn't come, but Gracelyn and I had a lot of fun, and some crazy adventures on the bus, let me tell you! We drove the motorhome down to 'Vegas and stayed there until Saturday morning. We didn't have a car so we experienced the bus, and walking to its fullest! The first day we were there we took a taxi into town, while Dave and Martha rode the scooter, we had a great time, we went to the Rainforrest Cafe, which Gracelyn loved. She loved watching the elephants while we ate! Then we went to see the tigers and did some shopping, and then we went to see the Tournament of the Kings show at the Excalibur, which was so fun to watch Gracelyn saying, "HaZaa" and cherring for our country, SPAIN! Well after a long night Gracelyn and I had to ride the bus home which was TERRIBLE! We were riding on the bus, and I couldn't find Gracelyn's binki anywhere, and she had a MELT DOWN, and continued to scream uncontrollably. Everyone was staring at me like I was a terrible mother. Grace's melt down was so terrible I tried to cover her mouth (I left breathing room, please don't call child services!) and believe it or not you could still hear her ear wrenching scream through my hands. (I guess this is what happens when you push your child to the limit of PAST tired) Before I knew it the bus started to turn left, when I need it to go stright for two more blocks! AHHHH..... So I got off the bus and asked a lady how to get to where I needed to go, and she then explained that I needed a transfer for another bus, or else I had to pay again. WHAT? I had no cash on me. So I cross the street to where the next bus stop is, and came to terms with the fact that I need to walk 2 miles back to the motorhome, with a screaming baby, at 10:00 at night. Lovely. As I began walking the guys at the next bus stop began to "cat call". Are you serious I am a mom with a screaming baby? Just then I see Dave and Martha pull up on the scooter! (Thank Heavens) So Martha rode the bus back with me, while Gracelyn was crying on the bus a really creepy man with long dirty finger nails began to stroke Gracelyn's legs. "She's all right, thanks," I said to him. So that is my crazy bus experience! But, other then that. SO- much fun! I have the best little girl in the world, I know some of you may be thinking ya right. But, seriously, she adapted so well, except for the incident on the bus, but TOTALLY my fault. Anyway...sorry it has taken so long to get thise post out. Hope you got a good laugh! LOVE LOVE LOVE :0)


1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Can't believe I didn't even get a phone call! You so owe me! Your trip looked like a lot of fun. We miss Gracelyn! And you of course.