Thursday, May 14, 2009

Anniversary....Surprise?


Today is our 4 year Anniversary...WOW...I seriously had no idea what love was when I was engaged. (Oh but, how I thought I did) I now love my husband more than I thought possible! We understand one another completely! We never argue, (which I will also admit the first year of our marriage we disagreed a lot) but I seriously love what time, love, prayer, and family scripture study does to a marriage! There cannot be a better equation to have a happy marriage. I love Kip so much, he has grown so much spiritually over the years and I am so grateful for the worthy priesthood holder he is, and I am grateful that he has never said unkind or hurtful things to me, that he loves me with all that he has. He is always thinking of others and how he can help them. He underestimates himself, and doesn't give himself enough credit! He IS amazing in every sense of the word!
Last Friday, for our early anniversary celebration I surprised Kip with a trip to Sunny St. George. He was so confused, he literally had no idea what was going on. He wondered about work, and his lesson in Elders Quorum, all taken care of by yours truly. And what about Gracie you say? My cute cousin Brittney agreed to watching her, while we enjoyed a little alone time!

We arrived in St. George at 11am and first things first, went to In-N-Out Burger, next on the list shopping, then we checked into the hotel and laid out by the pool to catch a few rays! It was so nice, lying in the sun with the one I love! :0) Then we went to eat at the Pizza Factory, an all time favorite, and went to see, yep you guessed it, Star Trek. Oh my, I must have been in a good mood that day. I'm totally NOT a Treky. It wasn't too bad, but probably will not see again. Just not my kind of thing.

(Pre-running pics of us in Snow Canyon)

Saturday morning we woke up and went running, seriously my favorite. We ran through Snow Canyon and it was so beautiful! Kip stayed ahead of me almost the whole way, and the last half mile, he walked. We ran about 3.5 miles, not too bad, considering he hadn't run in a long time! And as for me, I was happy to be running without the jogger stroller. (considering it is about 50+ pounds) Then we went to the Farmer's Market at Tuachaun, and ate breakfast. Then, back to the swimming pool it was, I needed to get a tan! Plus, it was SO relaxing! Then, we went back to the hotel and watched an interesting Dateline special (totally my favorite!) and by this time I was missing Gracie WAY too much! It was so hard being there without her. I had no clue I would have such a hard time. Then we went to eat a Chilli's, and went to Tuachaun and saw Brian Regan who is so funny. I don't think I have ever laughed so hard in my life. He has some awesome new material!


Sunday, we slept in until 10am, went ate breakfast at the hotel, and drove home. I was very homesick for my baby girl at this point, all I wanted to do was get back to her. Mothers are not meant to be away from their children for very long! :0) All in all.....SO FUN! And so great to have some alone time with my hottie for a hubby. I love him now more than ever!

3 comments:

Emily Rasmussen said...

that is so cute and fun of you! You guys are such a cute couple. I love that you got homesick for you baby girl. If I go to the store without them on the drive home I am so anxious to see them again. I think I sort of a nut. And running! I am the type that would go running on a vacation as well and love it. :O) You look beautiful and so happy! Happy 4th year Anniversary!

Brit H. said...

Yay! What fun! I am glad that you had such a good time. It is so fun to be alone with your husband and so fun to come back home to your kid(s)! LOVE IT!

You guys are great!

Jason, Elisa, Connor and Megan said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I am glad you got away!!