Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter/ My Birthday Surprise....







On Saturday, it was my birthday we started off the day by going to Thanksgiving Point for their Easter Egg Hunt. It was really fun, other than the fact it was FREEZING outside. We missed the Easer Egg Hunt for the 0-3 year olds, so we had Gracie go with the 4-6 year olds, and let me tell you, it was utter chaos! There weren't suposed to be any parents during that hunt unless you had a little one who missed the first Easter Egg Hunt. The parents were worse than the children. One lady was pointing to an egg for her son to get, and another little boy ran up to grab it, and the lady said, "Back off, it's HIS!" WOW... they are just dumb easer eggs with 25 cent candy, no need to lose it. Gracie got about 6 eggs, and she doesn't even like candy, so she was fine with that. She did like running to get all the eggs, though.

Then Thanksgiving Point had all these activities for the kids, a jump house, pony rides, face painting, train ride, baloons, etc. It was a really great time for our whole family, except for the cold...


Then we came home and put Gracie down for a nap, and Kip said that once she woke up, he was taking me out for my birthday surprise.... We got in the car and he said we were going to the mall, and I could buy anything I wanted. The MALL for TWO hours and NO KIDS! I just didn't know what to do with myself. Whenever I go to the mall I am used to looking at a shirt and then running and chasing after Gracie...so needless to say I was pretty excited! Let's just say, I used my time very wisely.

Then when we got back in the car, Kip blindfolded me and said the next place we were going was a surprise. We drove around for half and hour with me blind folded, I started to get so sick. He jept doing U-turns and going up hills and sliding arounds, and oh man. I had no CLUE where we were, just for the simple fact that I was trying to focus on not being dizzy or sick. I suspected we were in the mountains and we were going to have a pic-nic, (it just felt like we went up a lot of hills) and then we arrived at our destination, and Kip lead me out of the car blind-folded. I don't know why, but I was so scared! Kip was walking with me leading me, but if he walked too fast I would get really scared. I could only take the smallest steps. It was very scary to me not knowing where I was. Then we stopped to take off the blind fold, and it felt dark and echoed, I thought I was in a cave. But, SURPRISE was yelled out, and I was back at home! No way! I thought how did we end up back at home? All my friends and family came, and the house was decorated so CUTE! It was so much fun! I have the best husband ever! :0)

4 comments:

Jason, Elisa, Connor and Megan said...

Sounds like it was a good birthday! Gracie's skirt is so cute! I can't wait to see Megan in hers!

Brit H. said...

FUN!!!! Happy Birthday!!! Sounds like it was a good one!

Emily Rasmussen said...

That is really cute! Happy Birthday! :O)

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a Happy Birthday - to bad we didn't run into you at the Easter Egg hunt!