Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Discovery Gateway.....


This morning Lindy called to invite us to go to Discovery Gateway. Luckily it was $2 off Tuesdays, so it wasn't too bad in price. I had been wanting to go there so bad, so we were totally excited to go. That place is amazing. Totally a kids paradise. Gracelyn was completely entertained with everything. We got to the museum at 10:30am and we didn't leave until 3pm. Who would have thought? Downstairs in the museum there was a construction zone, a play house with a kitchen with a play fridge, table & cupboards (Gracie would have stayed in this area forever, had I not shown her the rest of the fun stuff.) There was also a water area, a kid zone, and a market. Then upstairs there was a HUGE hellicoper outside that you could look at, and 3 activities for the kids to do. Today was Mardi Grais Day, so there was a station where Gracie made a puppet, a coloring staion, and a station where you make your own Mardi Grais masks. It was so fun! And then they had a kid parade where all the kids play instruments and walk around the whole museum, and at the end you got your very own Mardi Grais beads. Gracelyn totally was in heaven. The only way I got her to leave it by bribing her with a cookie. She still screamed up to the car and even when we were in the car for a while. And then she said, "I'm sorry, mom, I cried." "Can we have cookie now?" So sweet. She was toally PAST tired at this point, so I totally understood the tantrum. So we got our cookie and Gracie zonked out on the way home. It was such a fun day! We totally need to go back again soon.

(Gracie, getting a head start at grocery shopping)

(no, Landon is not sweating, he got very wet from playing in the water)

2 comments:

Burnside Family said...

Lindsay, I found your blog on Val's and thought I would take peak. The Discovery Gateway is so much fun. My boys love it! We don't go there enough but when we do they have a great time
Julie

Jenny Sue Gamboa said...

Lindsay!!! I found your blog! Yea! I have a blog too chuchimommy.blogspot.com I am excited to read about your family and see all your cute pictures.