Have you ever had a day that by the end you thought, " I really needed that!" Yesterday was one of those days for me. We have been still attending our old ward even though we have moved, we just can't leave it quite yet. Yesterday I had to do Sharing Time in Primary and I was really nervous for some reason, but I took the time to really plan it well, and it went better then I expected! The lesson was on, " I will show my faith in Jesus Christ by being baptized and confirmed and keeping the commandments." We have a VERY young primary in our ward, so you kind of have to teach them on a level that they can understand. I started off by telling them how I remember the day that I got baptized, the first thing I remember is my dad telling me that when he dunks me nothing can come up out of the water or else he will have to re-dunk me. Well back then I had really puffy bangs (it was the style) so I convinced myself that my bangs were going to come out of the water for sure, so I cut them, REALLY short, almost into little stubs. And of course I also explained the other great spirituality of my baptism, and then I taught the lesson and it went really well. I felt the spirit really strong! Oh, and during primary none of our Sunbeams came! ( I know that I shouldn't put an exclaimation point on that) But, we (my teaching partner and I) got to go to Relief Society for the first time in 1 1/2 years! YAY! I think I was placed in the Primary to more fully appreciate Gospel Doctrine Class and Releif Society. I felt the spirit really strong there. The lesson was on how we are daughters of God, and knowing that will change the way we look at life and the decisions we make. So all in all it was a VERY great day, and certainally one that was needed by me! I promise pictures to come soon. We have our camera, but the cord that connects it to the computer is packed, so I need to figure something out. :0) Wish me luck!





3 comments:
Ryan said that Highlands Ranch is really nice...
I can't believe you sold your sweet condo! Well..I can believe it sold...but I can't believe you're moving! What the heck?
Dearest Lindsay,
I love those Sundays when everything goes right and then you feel the Spirit. Hope things are going good at your part of the world. Thanks so much for bailing me out the other day. I love you tons and tons. Love JoAnn
Post a Comment