Saturday, May 3, 2008

Graduation...



On Friday, Kip was an official graduate of Weber State University, in Construction Management. We are so proud of him and all of his hard work! I am not sure we will know what to do with all the extra time not spent in school or the library. But, talk about a relief. During the graduation they asked all the graduates to stand if you worked more than 25 hours a week, were married, and had kids. Needless to say Kip stood up for all three of those questions, thus making it visible to others that if you put your mind to anything, you can succeed. I know there were many times when he wanted to give up, but he just kept moving forward, knowing that it would be worth it. At the end of the Construction Management program you need to take an 8-hour test that is cumulative of your whole degree and pass that test in order to have your degree be accredited. We found out the day before graduation that on that EXTREMELY hard test Kip got an 89%, and was in the top 10 for the best score on the test. WOW. What an amazing student. He studied so hard for that exam and all his hard work paid off. Also, at his graduation we found out that Kip graduated with honors with a 3.6 GPA. All I can say is that I am so lucky to have such an intelligent husband, who worked so hard through school. I am amazed by him every day!


This is probably my new favorite picture. I got this cute candid outside of the graduation. I love the expression on both of their faces. Kip is such a great daddy. Gracelyn has totally stolen his heart! :0)



This is another really cute pic I got. Kip kept trying to put his graduation cap on Gracelyn, but she was totally not going for it. So then this pic is Kip asking Gracelyn for a kiss. Can you see how badly she wanted to give him that smooch? So- cute anyway! We love this little girl more than words are able to express. She is so much fun and so full of life. She is so busy and continually exploring and searching for new things and most importantly new ways to get into trouble. We are so blessed to be her parents and to watch her learn and grow. She is now 20 months old and I am just in awe at how fast the time has gone. There is a quote that I have been obsessed with lately and it is, " Time is measured by the age of our children." I think that is SO true! It will truly be a sad day for me when they are all grown and have lives of their own. Luckily, right now time is on my side. Thank Goodness!

3 comments:

Ashley S. said...

Wow, congrats you guys, what a huge step. Good luck with the future!

Becca said...

Yeah!!! Congratulations on graduating!! It was alot of work but you guys did it!! When LeGrand graduated I felt like I did too!!! Lindsay you've heard your PHDT diploma(Putting Dear Husband Through) Good job you guys!! That's soo awesome and your pictures are adorable!!

Brandi Lyn said...

Thank you for the sweet comment Lindsey. :) It's been FOREVER since i've seen you! How the heck are you? Your little girl is just precious! Congrats on your hubby graduating...i'm SO looking forward to that day! :)