Saturday, July 11, 2009

Summer Time...




July...oh it is one of my favorite months of the year! There is always something going on. So far we have celebrated 4 birthdays, and our country's independence, and been to Seven Peaks about 3-4 times. Gracie and I have been having so much fun! Here's the basic summary of our activities this summer thus far. If you would like more information, please continue reading.
(Jennifer, Parker, and Gracie)

Birthdays! We celebrated Jennifer's 34th birthday (Sis-in-law), Landon's Half Birthday (Nephew) I should mention he was born on Christmas Day, Parker's 2nd Birthday (Nephew), and Titus' 1st Birthday (Nephew), I love a good party, but a party in July is even BETTER! Good food. Good company. and desserts. Of course.




(Kip and Gracie at the parade)
4th of July! This is one of my favorite holidays, and I think it only has been since I have known Kip. His family really knows how to celebrate this blessed day! We woke up early...let me rephrase that, I woke up early around 5:30am, (I was a little anxious to begin my fav. holiday.) I knew that I was the one who took the longest to get ready so I did not want to be late. I rounded up the troops, sleepy Kip and Gracie, and we were off to the Provo Parade. We needed to stop at Krispy Kreme for some breakfast deliousness while watching the parade. I know people think parades are boring and the same every year, but I Love it! I love everything about it, the atmosphere, the sounds, the looks on people's faces, everyone in their Red, White, and Blue. It was great!


Then after the parade we went to Kip's Uncle Eric's 4th of July Bash in the park. This is a party that cannot be missed. Ever. There is food galore. (Can you tell I am caring a lot about food right now, it must be that all calorie counting is out the window, I love you pregnancy!) Hamburgers, Hotdogs, sandwhiches, salads, and best of all BYU Bakery Mint Brownies, they are divine! Kip got to play a mean round of flag football, Gracie played in the kiddie pool, fished for a prize, and observed the balloon fight between the kids. (She mentioned that this was scary) Oh, and there was also, a cotton candy machine, and good music. Again, atmosphere makes a party, good music, good food, good company, equals a fun party.


We then came home to take a nap. All of us. And then went to our neighborhood park for some more good food, good company, and games. Gracie loved the bounce houses, and face painting! So fun! Then we went back home, and and lit fireworks and watched the fireworks from Thanksgiving Point!



Seven Peaks!

Best $50 ever spent. Season Pass, and Graice is FREE. I was really brave the other day, I took Gracie and the Warren girls to Seven Peaks. For those of you that don't know that is 3 children under the age of 3! Basic ages, 3,2,1. But, I can manage chaos pretty well. On the way down I told Graice and Belle that they needed to stay close by, and listen to me, and if they didn't then we needed to go home. They agreed. And the verdict is...they listened! They were such good girls. All of them. Belle was a fearless little swimmer and she knew her boundries, she went up and down the slide many times. Gracie was terrified of the slide. But, she loved the wave pool, lazy river, and the kiddie pool. She wanted to go down the slide, but I had Callie, so maybe next time. Gracie loved being with bigger kids. And as for Callie, man that girl can DANCE! She loved groovin' to the music, and splashing in the water. When I finally rounded the girls up to go, we avoided tantrums, I told them on the way home I would get them a treat. As the McDonalds was approaching, I looked back and they were all asleep. Fun. I think so.

It's a wonder why Gracelyn is a goer, seeking to do something every day. It can't have anything to do with the fact that her mother is the SAME way! I love being a mom! I am so grateful for a husband who works so hard so that Gracie and I can have so much fun every day!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Congratulations on the pregnancy! When are you due?

Ashley and Ezra said...

It looks like you have had a great summer! I just love summer, there's no better time of year! Bravo for braving seven peaks with three kids!!! You are one brave lady!