It has only taken me a week and a half to put together this post. I have just been enjoying our sweet new edition to our family, and haven't found the time, until now.
On Monday, January 25, 2010, we welcomed a sweet baby boy to our family. Introducing Henrie Reed Lewis, 6 pounds 15 ounces, 18" long, born at 7:44pm. 


The details of sweet Henrie's arrival. My Aunt had been in town, and we so desperately wanted the baby to arrive while she was here. For 5 days, we had walked a minimum of 3 1/2 miles a day, equipped with hills. On Monday, it was no different, we walked and walked, and walked harder when I was having a contraction. After several contractions, we decided to go into my Doctor's Office to see if I was in labor or not. They explained that he was sick and I needed to go to Labor and Delivery to be checked. However, my doctor was the on-call doctor. I got checked in and I was dialated to a 3 and 80% thinned. We waited an hour to see if I progressed at all, I didn't, but I was having contractions 3-6 minutes apart. They called in Dr. Hansen, and he then decided to break my water at about 3:30pm, we then waited another hour to see if I would progress and, I didn't. So at 4:30pm they gave me a small dose of petocin, and then i got moving.
At 5:45, Iwas saposed to get my epidural, but the anesthesiologist was stuck in the OR. I then endured MAJOR pain, only for him to arrive at 7pm, at which time I was dialed to a 9 and completely thinned. He then asked me to sit indian style and put my elbows on my knees. HA! Are you kidding me? He must've known I was in the greatest pain of my life, right? After the epidural was in I then endured about 5 more contractions, and then it was time to push. 4 pushes and he was out! Oh how I appreciate medicine! :0)
We are doing well, and he is already growing and changing so much! I am so thankful for him. We couldn't have gotten a better baby. He only cries when we are changing his diaper. And after his nightly feedings goes right back to sleep. He refuses to take a pacifier, but it doesn't matter because he never cries. :0)
Gracelyn is such an amazing big sister, and she can't love him enough! She is so helpful, and she has transitioned very well!





8 comments:
Congratulations! Henrie is so beautiful. I was hoping to get to see you in the hospital, but my throat is kind of sore, so I will just tell you what a darling baby he is from afar. We love you guys.
P.S. you are awesome to have your blog updated all ready with a new baby!
congratulations! He is beautiful! You poor thing having to labor that long...with my last I was threatening to sue the hospital if they made me go any longer without an epidural. :O)
I hope you all keep doing well! So happy for you!
congratulations! I am really excited for you guys. What a sweet little boy he is! Gracie is so cute with him, what a fun big sister. I hope you are doing well and just enjoying holding that sweet little guy. Glad to hear that labor and delivery wasnt too bad. What a cutie!
Congrats!!! He is sooo handsome!!. Gracie is going to have so much fun with him!! Congrats again!!!
Congratulations girl! He is such a handsome boy already! I LOVE his hair. How are you doing? Sorry about your epidural wait...I would have died! I can't wait to meet him..hopefully it will be soon. We will call you next time we are in town!
Congrats! How exciting! He is super cute!
Love the pictures of Henrie and Gracie. We are excited to have Gracie over again sometime soon! Let me know if you ever need anything!
Congratulations! Carissa gave me your blog address. He is so cute!
Post a Comment